- Register for the October 22 Walk for Fitz - Our BCS Service Learning Committee, in honor of our 5/6 teacher Karen Fitzgerald's battle against cancer, has planned a "Walk for Fitz" Fundraiser. All proceeds from this event will go toward short and long-term non-covered medical treatment and needs for Karen, her family/children. Please support Karen "Fitz" as she battles cancer once again. Click HERE for registration, payment and donation options.
Wednesday, October 22
- 5pm-6pm Registration
- 6pm Event Starts
- 6:30pm Dinner at BCS (included)
- 7:30pm Event Ends
- Each paid registration includes an event-day t-shirt.
- 2014-2015 BCS Theatre Production - Seussical Jr. - Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat, and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in SEUSSICAL JR., a fantastical musical extravaganza from TONY winners Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty. We are thrilled that Director Stephanie Nichols and Music Director Debbie Tedrick are back for the 2014-2015 BCS production of SEUSSICAL JR.Students in grades 6-8 are encouraged to audition for this fun musical offering many great male and female roles, as well as tech crew opportunities. Click HERE for more information. Forms and payment are due by 9:00am on Monday, October 27.
- 2014 Reflections Contest - This year's theme is "The world would be a better place if..." Create an original work in one of the following categories. - Dance, - Film Production, - Literature, - Music Composition, - Photography, - Visual Arts. All entries are due by Friday, November 14. Click here for the flyer with rules and entry form information.
- New Assistant Principal Announced - After a widespread search, screening well over 200 applicants, four rounds of interviews with outstanding candidates, and extensive reference checks, it is my sincere pleasure to announce Jason Hill as our new Assistant Principal at BCS.
- Quarter II Choice Hour Selection Sheets Due by 4pm October 13 - Choice Hour Descriptions and Selection Sheets are available here. Please have your student turn in a completed form, with payment if needed, by 4pm on Monday, October 13.
- Optional 7/8 Trips - 7/8 students will have the opportunity to participate in two optional field trips next year to San Juan, Puerto Rico, January 14-19, 2015 and a trip to Washington DC, March 6-8, 2015.
For trip and registration information, please click San Juan or Washington. Registration is open for both trips and space is limited. Register as soon as possible.
- BCS 2014-15 YEARBOOKS - The yearbook is available to purchase for $40. Parents can order online by visiting our Yearbook page or by printing out the order form, filling it out, and attaching payment (payable to BCS).
- PTSA Directory Update
- If you are new to BCS, please click http://bit.ly/bcsdirnew to register online.
- If you are a returning family, you should have received an email (I got mine on 8/14) with a link to update your student's information. All families must update their directory information, even if your contact information has not changed. Look for more information and details in the upcoming email.
Any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Like us on Facebook! - Click here to visit our new Facebook page.
- The Ripple Effect -- A new BCS newsletter subtitled Sharing the Stories of BCS Students Making a Difference in the Lives of Others is a wonderful snapshot of some of the great work and learning that is ongoing at BCS.
Read Issue 2 - Spring 2014 [PDF 674kb]
Is your family missing from the BCS Directory?? We are missing many new students. If you have not entered your information, you will have a chance to verify your information online once the registration period starts.
If you would like to check your entry, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your student's name and grade and our directory volunteers will let you know!
Did you know? Every student in our school has to have their parent or guardian read the first two pages of the "Concussion Awareness Educational Material," complete the third page with the student's name and parent/guardian signature, and return the signed form back to the BCS office where it will be placed in the student's file per direction from the state. Click here to download, read, print page 3, complete and return signed form to the BCS office. Thank you!
The BCS PTSA has many opportunities to help make next year a great school year. See PTSA home page for a summary of the activities and a SignUp link.
Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
BCS Lottery Results and Wait List for 2014-2015 School Year -- Click here for more info.
Monthly Calendar views, print, ...
BPS District Calendar
2014-2015 BPS Yearlong Calendar
- BCS Wins National Recognition - Birmingham Covington School was just recognized as one of The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S. by TheBestSchools.org. They are the only school from Michigan to be designated with this honor by The Best Schools. TheBestSchools.org selected BCS based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation. Congratulations to BCS staff, students and families for this outstanding recognition.
BCS has been selected by Microsoft as one of 80 outstanding Mentor Schools from around the world! Our application, video and other documents clearly showed our school’s passion for and efforts toward innovative teaching and learning. Please click here for the full list of Mentor Schools winners from around the world.
The 2013 Elementary Science Olympiad teams took first and eighth places at the district competition. Get all the details here.
Our Joberts 56 students' Doing Business in Birmingham Project placed first in the Collaboration category at the Microsoft Global Forum in Prague. Microsoft recognized BCS as being one of the top innovative schools in the world. See full article here.
Did you know?
... NAN’S KIDS - No student is ever excluded from an activity at BCS for financial reasons. We have a fund at BCS called Nan’s Kids to assist families. Please let administration know if you have a student who needs this assistance. All information is kept confidential.
... you can make Amazon.com purchases through the Amazon button on the BEF Website at www.supportbef.org and they receive a donation!
... you can use the Search bar (upper right) to find information
... your box tops can earn cash for BCS: Got BoxTops?
... you can support the BEF when you use your Kroger card! Register here