6th Grade and 7th/8th Grade -
Fourth Marking Period
Please be sure to complete the tennis registration form [PDF, 25k] and a physical form and turn in with payment to the main office.
There is no transportation offered for tennis. Students will need to be transported for matches and practices by a parent/adult.
HEAD COACH: JOHN KANYO
Work (248) 644-5683
Cell (248) 421-7126
Athletic Director: Mrs. Chinn 248-203-4430 (for general information)
All players must have on file with the school the following forms before they are permitted to play:
- Physical Examination Form
- Tennis Registration Form (pdf 26kb)
*Players will not be permitted to try-out until all forms have been filled out with the school.
Selection of Teams
- We will have a Travel Team (A-Team) and Training Team (B-Team). The top 24 players will be selected to the Travel Team after the try-out process, and the remainder of players will be placed on the Training Team. All sixth graders will automatically be placed on the 6th Grade Team.
- The tryouts will take place Monday, April 8th thru Wednesday, April 10th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. There is a possibility tryouts will be split and players would attend either a 3:30-5:30 or a 5:30-6:30 practice, but everyone interested in trying out should clear their schedule between 4:30-6:30 pm on the specific days listed above.
Tryouts: The tryouts will take place Monday, April 8th thru Wednesday, April 10th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. There is a possibility tryouts will be split and players would attend either a 3:30-5:30 or a 5:30-6:30 practice, but everyone interested in trying out should clear their schedule between 4:30-6:30 pm on the specific days listed above.
Parent Meeting: Parent Meeting for the 2013 season TBD
- All matches begin at 4 p.m.
- All practices and home matches will take place at Birmingham Country Club.
- 6th Grade Team will only play exhibition matches and only when the opposing team has a 6th Grade Team.
- 7th & 8th Grade Team practice will run from 3:30-5:30, Monday-Thursday.
- 6th Grade Team practices will run from 5:20-6:30, Monday-Thursday.
- There are No Practices on Fridays.
- Practice and match schedule times are included below.
Pictures: Pictures time for the 2013 season TBD
- Rain: If you are unsure about the weather and want to find out if practice or a match has been cancelled, you should call Coach John @ 248-421-7126 or our other designate.
- Uniforms: Players are expected to wear team shirts at all matches.
- Parent Help: We are requesting two or three parents to get involved and assist with coordinating match snacks, end of season awards, and the end of season party. Those interested should notify Coach John.