- SAVE THE DATE: The BCS Blast is Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM!
Blast Fact: The Blast raises over $55,000 for essential programming such as engineering technology. Just one part of the BCS curriculum that makes our school unique! Please consider donating items and/ or becoming a sponsor? Donate sport tickets, trips, collectibles, restaurant items, etc. and/or become a sponsor for the Blast.
You can find all the 2015 BCS Blast details by clicking here.
To donate items or to become a sponsor go to www.biddingforgood.com/blast or contact Wendy Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing you at the Blast!
- 2015-2016 Elective Information Packets- Please return to the BCS Office by March 6th.
- Current 6th & 7th Graders (7th & 8th grade next school year)- The directions, along with course options, are outlined for you. Your child will receive one, year-long, elective.
- Current 5th Graders (6th grade next school year)- The directions, along with course options, are outlined for you. Your child will receive one, year-long, elective.
- Current 4th Graders (5th grade next school year)- Please indicate if your student will be taking band, orchestra or Thinkering next school year. Descriptions are included.
- Proud Dad's Eat & Run is Friday, February 27th-- Please join us for the Proud Dads Eat & Run on Friday, February 27 at 11:05 AM for grades 5/6, 11:45 AM for grades 3/4 and 12:45 PM for grades 7/8. Proud Dad, Mom, Love Ones, come out and enjoy lunch with your student and their friends. Click here for the flier with all the details.
- BCS Lottery Results and Wait List for 2015-2016 School Year -- Click here for more info.
- 2014-2015 BCS Snow Club - Snow Club will be traveling to Airtime Trampoline on Tuesday, March 3. Please R.S.V.P. thru the Team Snap email sent on February 24. All participants will also need a completed e-waiver.
- Important Attendance Reporting Changes! - BPS has made some adjustments to our attendance policy (and daily attendance recording) in response to new Department of Education mandates. These changes should not affect the average absence. However, there will be impact on those who frequently miss school and have nonexempt absences. To see the new policy (Board Policy 5200) that will go to the Board of Education for approval in January, please review the information and changes by clicking here. Additionally, find a newly required "Extended Absence Form" here. Should you have any questions about the policy, please contact Mark Morawski or Jason Hill.
- BCS 2014-15 YEARBOOKS - The yearbook is available to purchase for $40. Parents can order online by visiting our Yearbook page or by printing out the order form, filling it out, and attaching payment (payable to BCS).
- Like us on Facebook! - Click here to visit our new Facebook page.
- The Ripple Effect -- A new BCS newsletter subtitled Sharing the Stories of BCS Students Making a Difference in the Lives of Others is a wonderful snapshot of some of the great work and learning that is ongoing at BCS.
Read Issue 3 - Winter 2014-15
Read Issue 2 - Spring 2014
Did you know? Every student in our school has to have their parent or guardian read the first two pages of the "Concussion Awareness Educational Material," complete the third page with the student's name and parent/guardian signature, and return the signed form back to the BCS office where it will be placed in the student's file per direction from the state. Click here to download, read, print page 3, complete and return signed form to the BCS office. Thank you!
The BCS PTSA has many opportunities to help make next year a great school year. See PTSA home page for a summary of the activities and a SignUp link.
Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
Monthly Calendar views, print, ...
BPS District Calendar
2014-2015 BPS Yearlong Calendar
BCS Wins National Recognition - Birmingham Covington School was just recognized as one of The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S. by TheBestSchools.org. They are the only school from Michigan to be designated with this honor by The Best Schools. TheBestSchools.org selected BCS based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation. Congratulations to BCS staff, students and families for this outstanding recognition.
BCS has been selected by Microsoft as one of 80 outstanding Mentor Schools from around the world! Our application, video and other documents clearly showed our school’s passion for and efforts toward innovative teaching and learning. Please click here for the full list of Mentor Schools winners from around the world.
Our Joberts 56 students' Doing Business in Birmingham Project placed first in the Collaboration category at the Microsoft Global Forum in Prague. Microsoft recognized BCS as being one of the top innovative schools in the world. See full article here.
Did you know?
... NAN’S KIDS - No student is ever excluded from an activity at BCS for financial reasons. We have a fund at BCS called Nan’s Kids to assist families. Please let administration know if you have a student who needs this assistance. All information is kept confidential.
... you can make Amazon.com purchases through the Amazon button on the BEF Website at www.supportbef.org and they receive a donation!
... you can use the Search bar (upper right) to find information
... your box tops can earn cash for BCS: Got BoxTops?
... you can support the BEF when you use your Kroger card! Register here