- BCS Bond 2015 Impact -- On May 5, 2015, voters will in the Birmingham Public School District will be asked to consider a bond proposal to improve school facilities, enhance building security for the safety of the students and staff, and provide up-to-date technology for students to remain globally competitive. Click here for BCS specific Bond 2015 Impact flyer. For more District information, click here.
- 2015-2016 7/8 Optional Field Trips To Philly/NYC and Chicago -
Delayed Start: Wednesday, April 29 - Classes will begin at 9:48am on Wednesday, April 29, 1.5 hours later than normal. Buses will also run 1.5 hours later than normal. Due to the fact that all staff will be participating in professional development that morning, the building will not be open until 9:30am. Please DO NOT drop your child off before 9:30am. For those of you who need child care from 8:18am-9:48am, please complete the DELAYED START FORM and return it to the office. The fee is $5 per child.
Quarter IV Choice Hour Change Forms Due Thurs. April 30! - The Choice Hour change period begins at 4pm Friday, April 24. Click HERE for the form. Change forms are due back by Thursday, April 30 at 4pm. No late change forms will be accepted. Students are placed in classes during this period on a first come, first served basis. Many of the classes listed have limited availability. New and final Choice Hours begin on Monday, May 4. Students must attend all originally scheduled classes until that date.
- 2015-2016 Elective Information Packets- OVERDUE!
- Spring Athletic Registration is Now Available - Spring Athletics include co-ed Track for 6th, 7th and 8th grades, girls Soccer for 7th and 8th grades, and boys Tennis for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. For Soccer and Track Online Athletics Registration, click here. Practice and game/match schedules are also available on these webpages.
- Pre-Order Your BCS 2015-2016 Planner - BCS values organization as well as the use of technology for such purposes. Please pre-order you 2015-2016 Planner by May 8th. Each planner is $5. Cash or checks made payable to BCS PTSA - Clearninghouse.
- Salmon in the Classroom -- Thanks to the generosity of the BCS PTSA and Premier Pet Supply in Beverly Hills, we are able to help the Great Lakes by raising salmon. To view the blog click here: BCS Salmon Blog. To watch the salmon live, click here: BCS SalmonCam
- BCS Lottery Results and Wait List for 2015-2016 School Year -- Click here for more info.
- Important Attendance Reporting Changes! - BPS has made some adjustments to our attendance policy (and daily attendance recording) in response to new Department of Education mandates. These changes should not affect the average absence. However, there will be impact on those who frequently miss school and have nonexempt absences. To see the new policy (Board Policy 5200) that will go to the Board of Education for approval in January, please review the information and changes by clicking HERE. Additionally, find a newly required "Extended Absence Form" HERE. Should you have any questions about the policy, please contact Mark Morawski or Jason Hill.
- BCS 2014-15 YEARBOOKS - The yearbook is available to purchase for $40. Parents can order online by visiting our Yearbook page or by printing out the order form, filling it out, and attaching payment (payable to BCS).
- Like us on Facebook! - Click here to visit our new Facebook page.
- The Ripple Effect -- A new BCS newsletter subtitled Sharing the Stories of BCS Students Making a Difference in the Lives of Others is a wonderful snapshot of some of the great work and learning that is ongoing at BCS.
Read Issue 3 - Winter 2014-15
Read Issue 2 - Spring 2014
- Salmon in the Classroom -- Thanks to the generosity of the BCS PTSA and Premier Pet Supply in Beverly Hills, we are able to help the Great Lakes by raising salmon. To view the blog click here: BCS Salmon Blog. To watch the salmon live, click here: BCS SalmonCam.
Did you know? Every student in our school has to have their parent or guardian read the first two pages of the "Concussion Awareness Educational Material," complete the third page with the student's name and parent/guardian signature, and return the signed form back to the BCS office where it will be placed in the student's file per direction from the state. Click here to download, read, print page 3, complete and return signed form to the BCS office. Thank you!
The BCS PTSA has many opportunities to help make next year a great school year. See PTSA home page for a summary of the activities and a SignUp link.
Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
Monthly Calendar views, print, ...
BPS District Calendar
2014-2015 BPS Yearlong Calendar
BCS Wins National Recognition - Birmingham Covington School was just recognized as one of The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S. by TheBestSchools.org. They are the only school from Michigan to be designated with this honor by The Best Schools. TheBestSchools.org selected BCS based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation. Congratulations to BCS staff, students and families for this outstanding recognition.
BCS has been selected by Microsoft as one of 80 outstanding Mentor Schools from around the world! Our application, video and other documents clearly showed our school’s passion for and efforts toward innovative teaching and learning. Please click here for the full list of Mentor Schools winners from around the world.
Our Joberts 56 students' Doing Business in Birmingham Project placed first in the Collaboration category at the Microsoft Global Forum in Prague. Microsoft recognized BCS as being one of the top innovative schools in the world. See full article here.
Did you know?
... NAN’S KIDS - No student is ever excluded from an activity at BCS for financial reasons. We have a fund at BCS called Nan’s Kids to assist families. Please let administration know if you have a student who needs this assistance. All information is kept confidential.
... you can make Amazon.com purchases through the Amazon button on the BEF Website at www.supportbef.org and they receive a donation!
... you can use the Search bar (upper right) to find information
... your box tops can earn cash for BCS: Got BoxTops?
... you can support the BEF when you use your Kroger card! Register here