- BCS Open House, December 7 from 1pm to 3pm -
- BCS Open House
Sunday, December 7, 2014
1:00 - 3:00 PM
For more information regarding the enrollment timeline, please click HERE.
- Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
- Volunteers are needed for a successful Open House.
- 1. Folder Stuffing: Tuesday, December 2. 8:30-9:30am, Media Center - We will be stuffing the folders we hand out to all our Open House guests.
2. School Clean-up: Friday, Dec. 5. 2:00-3:15pm-We will be arming ourselves with rolls of tape and will roam the halls of BCS in search of art work/projects on the walls that need a little tape reinforcement. We will also make sure display cabinets and shelves are neat and tidy.
3. Open House: Sunday, December 7, 1:00-3:00pm
Please sign up on the signup genius by clicking BCS Open House Volunteers.
- 2014 Reflections Contest - This year's theme is "The world would be a better place if..." Create an original work in one of the following categories. - Dance, - Film Production, - Literature, - Music Composition, - Photography, - Visual Arts. All entries are due by Friday, November 14. Click here for the flyer with rules and entry form information.
- 2014-2015 BCS Snow Club - The 2014-15 Snow Club Informational Meeting will be Wednesday, November 12, at 6:30pm in the Media Center. Snow Club will again be at Pine Knob on Tuesdays this winter. Students will leave by bus at 3:30pm and return to the BCS parking lot at 8:30pm. Please plan on attending this meeting to learn more about the program. Applications will be accepted beginning at 8:00am on Tuesday, November 25. Click here for more information. Snow Club dates are: December 9 & 16,
January 6, 13, 20, 27 February 3, 10, & 24 (makeup).
- New Assistant Principal Announced - After a widespread search, screening well over 200 applicants, four rounds of interviews with outstanding candidates, and extensive reference checks, it is my sincere pleasure to announce Jason Hill as our new Assistant Principal at BCS.
- BCS 2014-15 YEARBOOKS - The yearbook is available to purchase for $40. Parents can order online by visiting our Yearbook page or by printing out the order form, filling it out, and attaching payment (payable to BCS).
- PTSA Directory Update
- If you are new to BCS, please click http://bit.ly/bcsdirnew to register online.
- If you are a returning family, you should have received an email (I got mine on 8/14) with a link to update your student's information. All families must update their directory information, even if your contact information has not changed. Look for more information and details in the upcoming email.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like us on Facebook! - Click here to visit our new Facebook page.
- The Ripple Effect -- A new BCS newsletter subtitled Sharing the Stories of BCS Students Making a Difference in the Lives of Others is a wonderful snapshot of some of the great work and learning that is ongoing at BCS.
Read Issue 2 - Spring 2014 [PDF 674kb]
Is your family missing from the BCS Directory?? We are missing many new students. If you have not entered your information, you will have a chance to verify your information online once the registration period starts.
If you would like to check your entry, send an email to email@example.com with your student's name and grade and our directory volunteers will let you know!
Did you know? Every student in our school has to have their parent or guardian read the first two pages of the "Concussion Awareness Educational Material," complete the third page with the student's name and parent/guardian signature, and return the signed form back to the BCS office where it will be placed in the student's file per direction from the state. Click here to download, read, print page 3, complete and return signed form to the BCS office. Thank you!
The BCS PTSA has many opportunities to help make next year a great school year. See PTSA home page for a summary of the activities and a SignUp link.
Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
BCS Lottery Results and Wait List for 2014-2015 School Year -- Click here for more info.
Monthly Calendar views, print, ...
BPS District Calendar
2014-2015 BPS Yearlong Calendar
- BCS Wins National Recognition - Birmingham Covington School was just recognized as one of The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S. by TheBestSchools.org. They are the only school from Michigan to be designated with this honor by The Best Schools. TheBestSchools.org selected BCS based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation. Congratulations to BCS staff, students and families for this outstanding recognition.
BCS has been selected by Microsoft as one of 80 outstanding Mentor Schools from around the world! Our application, video and other documents clearly showed our school’s passion for and efforts toward innovative teaching and learning. Please click here for the full list of Mentor Schools winners from around the world.
The 2013 Elementary Science Olympiad teams took first and eighth places at the district competition. Get all the details here.
Our Joberts 56 students' Doing Business in Birmingham Project placed first in the Collaboration category at the Microsoft Global Forum in Prague. Microsoft recognized BCS as being one of the top innovative schools in the world. See full article here.
Did you know?
... NAN’S KIDS - No student is ever excluded from an activity at BCS for financial reasons. We have a fund at BCS called Nan’s Kids to assist families. Please let administration know if you have a student who needs this assistance. All information is kept confidential.
... you can make Amazon.com purchases through the Amazon button on the BEF Website at www.supportbef.org and they receive a donation!
... you can use the Search bar (upper right) to find information
... your box tops can earn cash for BCS: Got BoxTops?
... you can support the BEF when you use your Kroger card! Register here